How does one become a good programmer ??
Pick a language : Any kind of programming language you can select.
Learn all syntax of the language
- Data types
You now know beginner level software engineering !!!
- Practice making general functions
- Pass by value vs pass by reference
- Practice Sort functions (sorting data in arrays)
- Practice Search function (searching for values in arrays)
2.study big The notation (briefly Understand it, you’ll get back to it the last thing in this list for data structures)
Feel good about yourself, you are a solid intermediate software engineer. Still lots to learn, but you can definitely talk about programming / build things. You’ve officially learned procedural programming.
- Object oriented programming
- What are classes?
- Scope (private protected public)
- Getters and setters
- Static functions (in relation to classes
- Static methods
- Overriding functions
- Overloading functions / operators
- Inheritance vs composition
You are now a highly skilled intermediate software engineer who knows their shit and is ready to develop
- Learn what these are ..
- Linked list
- Binary trees
- Hash tables
- Instead you’ll use very efficient versions from libraries.
- Make sure you know what libraries are
- Practice using some data structures from a library (also referred to as collections)
- Learn what an API is
- Refresh on big How it relates to data structures
Congratulations. You are now a software engineer. You are officially awesome and capable of talking programming with anyone / making whatever you want / learning anything easily. You should start applying!
- Learn the tools your specific field uses for development. (Frameworks for web dev, physics engines for game dev).
Great, time to look for a job! Wait … if you made it through step 13 … you already have a job. Or multiple offers. Because you are officially a pro.
“Happy journey to be a programmer !!”